Friday, July 29, 2011

The truth hurts (or does it?)

  Jesus IS TRUTH!  "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
This was proclaimed  and confirmed to me in the most profound way by Jesus himself, that He turned me into a "freight train" No stopping!

  The friends I attended church with when I returned to faith thought I was completely crazy for my Catholic conversion because I was a cradle Baptist. To this day I have no problems with other denominations, them being of the same spirit. I do though, question the fact of completeness. After all, one Church was established by Jesus, however over time people caused the reformation. One spirit, one Lord period. I really did understand as to why my friends did not believe Catholicism was the truth, Why? Because I had been in that same "fishing spot." They threw in "lines" toward me such as "Oh! You want to worship Mary, statues, Saints..etc..etc.." Having learned through a priest that this certainly wasn't the case, my response was merely this: "I earnestly wanted the truth from God, and it was given to me, if you have any issues about it, take it up with Him, not me." God has a very profound way of answering prayer, and He does it in His time, terms, and conditions, not ours. I am fine with that!

  Yes, sometimes the truth does hurt on a personal level, but I am here to tell you, certainly not on a spiritual level.

No comments:

Post a Comment