Friday, July 22, 2011

Returning to faith

  A new husband I had become, a new bride I had received, a new state to reside in, a new little apartment for my home and a new job to support these. My lifestyle was shall we say, a little out of "whack". Deep down I knew that even though my life had taken flight, my heart was still grounded. As time went on we both decided to retreat back to our spiritual upbringing. Two different faiths, we were in an interdenominational marriage. Marriage in THE Catholic church means agreeing to raise children in the faith. I needed answers!  Being raised in a church going family as a kid, is exactly what Sundays and church were for...FAMILIES! My new immediate family was split on Sundays as we went to different churches. Something was not "clicking". My heart being troubled with this situation, I turned to God in sincere prayer to find the TRUTH.  "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness."  Ephesians 6:14

  Finally (God being beyond time heehee) I was hit with the scripture that turned "my boat" around, it was the only chapter in the bible that my Protestant brothers and sisters do not take literally. Any guesses?....

No comments:

Post a Comment